Sunday, August 23, 2009

Watches

I finally bought myself a new watch at Superstore so that I would not get out of bed too early when I am camping... well I know this sounds odd, but I try to sleep in on camping weekends... but sometimes I wake up at weird hours 12:31, 3:22am, 4:08am... etc. and sometimes when there is no cell phone reception my cell phone dies or loses time... well my old cell phone. I bought a used phone on kijiji - new for me and it's great!! I can put it in airplane mode and it won't keep looking for a signal so the battery lasts and even though it doesn't have reception, it keeps time!! Hurray.

Back to the watch... Well water resistant definitely does not mean waterproof. So when I took my watch on the river as a good kayak leader should... although it seemed to work well on the first day, I am afraid that my upsteam lean lead to some serious underwater time and my watch face is now filled with a solid layer of condensation.

I am hoping that our dry Alberta climate will suck the moisture out of if quickly. =)

Sweet dreams.

No comments: