Tuesday, August 11, 2009

State of Mind


I was looking through some photos from 1999 and I saw pictures of me learning to kayak and holding my neice as a baby... I had no grey hair!!!!

Why is this important you ask... here's how last Friday went down... (can someone remind me I have soup on upstairs???)

Friday morning I woke up with one goal on my mind - do yoga! As I was contemplating yoga my sister called so we had to chat for a bit... then I had to call my mom to say hello... an hour has now passed. Next I thought I'd best eat before yoga cause I was hungry. I walked downstairs and promptly went outside to check on my freshly planted Saskatoon berry shrubs. They look good, but need a bit of a soil top up. Then I walked around the yard and noticed that the raspberries needed to be picked... I thought I had time for raspberries before yoga. I walked into the house for a bowl and yes, I did pick raspberries... then saw that there were some peas... oh and a zucchini... might as well pull some weeds while I'm out I thought.

Then into the house I meandered. I had promised a friend and myself to make banana muffins for the folk festival that night and it was already 10:30ish... I think... I checked my email and then decided to make the muffins before yoga because they would take 20 minutes to bake... I could do yoga while they were baking. So I started making muffins. I was pretty hungry but then I chose not to take a break as I would have to test the muffins and they could be my breakfast. The first batch of muffins go into the oven and I realize that I only have one stoneware muffin pan... sigh. I make a loaf out of the remaining batter form batch #1. That's right I made two batches with different fill. =) YUM!!!

I ended up deciding that I had to eat som raspberries and whipped cream... or was it ice cream... might have been both. So I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV instead of doing yoga while the muffins baked. But really, They were the first batch and needed to be watched.

I put the banana bread loaf in and check the time... 11:30... I'm supposed to be at a friend's house at 1:30... it is highly unlikely in my current state of mind that I will get there. I called and thankfully Natlaie was pretty flexible with her plans... it was decided I would arrive at 2:30 instead. I finished my muffins and my thoughts returned to yoga. It was best for me to get all my folk festival stuff together so I was ready to go and then I would do yoga.

Suddenly, it was 1:45 and I had to go but I hadn't done yoga!!! ... oh well, I showered, changed and loaded up the car. I arrived at Natalie's house at 3:00... =)

It was a good day, and at least I put my yoga clothes on. Now I have to go check that soup. I really hope it turns out.

No comments: