Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Earth to Nicole


I received a few very encouraging emails over the last month inquiring, "What the heck is your problem Nicole!? Update your blog! No email, no blog, no phone call! Where are you and what are you doing?" Thank you for caring. =)


Since my last blog I started kayaking every weekend, except for two because I was really tired and had to do some yardwork and watch TV. Paddling has been wonderful this summer. I decided that it was about time I start challenging myself and paddling new rivers and playing on the river even if it meant I might have to roll or swim. I didn't end up swimming, but my roll is getting better. =) I'm having difficulties grasping the concept of don't lean upstream. My friend Brace told me it's a fundamental principle of physics... but really I think I didn't take physics after high school so one can't expect that to be common knowledge. hee hee.


My current favourite rivers that I want to run again are the Sheep River by Turner Valley and the Mistaya River by Saskatchewan Crossing (hwy 93 and 11). Now I hear you are supposed to run the Sheep and Mistaya in a big boat, but I only have my playboat... it just means I should check the water level... I think. =) If I can't paddle them again this summer, they'll be top of my list next year.


Here is a picture of me goofing off posing on my boat for a photo... when I tipped over. =)

No comments: