Monday, January 18, 2010

December 31 2009 Take 1



It appears I mentioned that I would update you all on the Mike status more frequently and have now received numerous complaints about my disregard for my promises. Umm... all I can say is that I may not have clarified what more frequently was relative to. hee hee.

Well, Mike and I were not able to spend Christmas together this year, which was a bit disappointing. I was in Spain visiting my sister and and brother-in-law, while Mike was at work somewhere in the vicinity of Grande Cache. But my sister was very accommodating and loaded my email onto her ipod touch which I religiously carried with me to be in continual contact with Mike. I composed ballads of my day's adventures, sent photos of my food and me... but I forgot to take pictures of cars... oops.

My brother-in-law cheerfully informed me on the last day of my visit that his memory of me for this trip will be me glued to the ipod. I thankfully we took a picture of me holding the ipod, the irony is that this was a picture for Mike, now why I had the ipod clutched in a death grip the entire time I'm not sure. I didn't even realize I was holding it until I saw the photos. How ridiculous. ha ha.

Well this post is supposed to be about New Year's Eve, the only weekend I could not email or phone Mike because we were too far out of the city. It was magnificent and I enjoyed it, but I missed Mike. Yes, there are those of you that think I am pathetic or extremely weird, but the other 80% of you are saying now you know what it's like to be in love and are okay that I seem to be oblivious to my surroundings. Well I have a good reason. =)


The other photo is of me at my first 3-D movie - Avatar. Those glasses looked good on me! And no one was allowed to leave the theater without returning their glasses. They actually turned people back to retrieve the glasses they left at their chairs. I also saw the movie in English when I came back to Canada with Mike. Next, Alice in Wonderland.

2 comments:

Fawn said...

I just read your most recent posts in backwards order because that's how they show up in my reader. The pic of you in the 3D glasses is cute, but Nicole, that iPod picture is totally HOT! Also, glad to hear that things are going so swimmingly with Mike. Can't wait until he lets you post a couple pic. ;)

(Oh, and "I shrunk it and now it's mine"???? Classic!)

Meandering Michael said...

Been pretty quiet here lately! :)