Thursday, June 12, 2008

Patio

I want to thank Brad, Sarah, Mario, Wendy and Jim for helping with with hauling, spreading and tamping gravel this week for the patio!! =) I have the sand now and nailed down the edging. I'm ready to tamp the sand and lay the paving stones. =)

Though I am still suprised after needing a sledge hammer 5 times in the last couple of years, I still don't own one. The first time I used the back end of an axe... not that effective. The second time, I used a heavy hammer... it worked fairly decently. The third time I used a regular hammer... not that effective. And the last two times I used a large rock and guess what?... I found my makeshift sledgehammer!! =)

No wait... the fourth time I sat on a horizontal 4x4 and sat on a post I was trying to drive into the ground... I have to admit, it worked well, though it was difficult to maintain alignment. =)

Unfortunately I think the consequences of putting my finger under the sledgehammer would be the same as when I put my finger under the rock last night. No bruising yet... actually it doesn't hurt that much today. Same finger that I dropped a tile on three weeks ago. =( Poor thing.

Stay tuned for a picture of the final product =)... where is my camera?!?!

No comments: