Thursday, May 22, 2008

Drug Testing


You will all of course be relieved to know that I passed a drug test at work last week. WOW! Was I ever relieved. =) Okay, I know, I didn't really have anything to worry about.


This past weekend I started kayaking again after a 20 month absense because I hurt my shoulder in hockey. 6 hours of travel each way and I only paddled one day before my body said, that's enough!! =D Good lord I'm old. Tonight I have yoga scheduled so that should help get rid of the creaks.


But on to better news... I have started biking to work... I think this is old news cause I included it in my MS fundraising email. Thanks a bunch to you who have already donated, your tax receipts should be arriving shortly. My mom chastized me because I told her it would arrive after she already received it. Oops. =)


And sad news... =( I will not be able to start my stone patio this weekend due to complications with the weather forecast. Instead I will head to the farm to do some electrical work for my mom. Hee Hee... I am such a pro now. But this break gives me more time to dream about the front yard. I thought about rearranging it to improve drainage... by improve I mean terrace the yard so that moisture is evenly distributed to the plants instead of creating the drought conditions at the top and the swamp at the bottom. I have to admit I felt a little anxious about the plants in the front yard, but figured that one more year would be okay... well one more year is irrelevant now - half of them died =(


I know it is a travesty!! The silver lining though, remember the silver lining... I did not like my tree in the front yard and I wanted to rearrange the shrubs... well, now I get to choose my own tree... I am open to suggestions for ones that have living leaves for a good part of the season. I'm contemplating Snowbird Hawthorn or Oak. Now I have time to plan... I will need my drafting book for this one, it's complicated. And as for the plants... those that grow... well they get bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd probably enjoy this recent post from one of my favourite blogs, Mommy's Martini:
http://mommysmartini.blogspot.com/2008/05/green-up-your-thumb-part-1.html