Monday, October 6, 2008

Blind Date


Okay, I have a cute, happy story. The photo is of me at work. Notice the sign in the background =)


I went biking with my friend Val on Sunday and she had just bought a new tire pump. Well needless to say it came without instructions and we thought we set it up right but it didn't work. As I have become lazy and don't carry my biking bag at the moment we did not have another pump. But there was this guy across the parking lot who looked like a serius biker so I went over introduced myself, explained the problem and asked if he had a pump we could borrow. Of course he did but the offered to look at Val's pump first. He was cute, had a beautiful smile and was a friendly biker. WOW!!


So after biking, his truck was still there so I left a note...


"Thanks for your help today Chris. If you're single and interested in going fot a hot cocoa call me... =) Nicole"


Well he called me later that day!! WOW!!


Turns out he loves hot chocolate. So we talked a bit and I found out that sadly he was not single. But he was flattered by the note and thought if I was brave enough to leave a note, that I might be brave enough to go on a blind date with one of his friends... ... OK. So he told me a bit about his friend... single, never married, no kids... he sure knows the words that warm a woman's heart. =)


I'll keep you posted. He still has to ask his friend if he's interested in going on a date with me.


Nicole

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whee! That's great fun! Way to get yourself out there! :D

Captain Momma said...

Good job! LOVE the picture of you and the great sign!

Love KEl

Hi, I'm Natalie. said...

lol!! That's awesome! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I love that story so you will have to give me an update.