Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Born in the wrong country


As one of my first attempts to get out into the dating scene, a few single friends and I went salsa dancing. I am really funny to watch salsa dancing, but I had such a good time I’m going again tonight. =) Now to find a clean shirt… hope my x-country ski gear is clean for this weekend… I’d better check.

Ironically, right after that I met a seemingly wonderful man online who likes dancing. He’s in Chile right now but wants to get together when he gets back in early March. And he wants to learn to x-country ski. And he loves mountain biking. I think I just fainted. Can this be another man who seems overly compatible with me??

There is a second man who seems very compatible, but I haven’t sent him a note yet as I am trying to weed out some of my lower interests first to avoid overwhelming myself. Yes this is ridiculous as he may get nabbed up, give me a couple of days, I’m just coping as I can.

Anyways, back to the born in the wrong country theme. I make empanadas de pollo last weekend and they were phenomenal, then I made another Mexican dish earlier this week, I’m dying to learn how to make picadillas, I speak Spanish, I watch Mexican telenovelas with a passion… and thus my colleague Carlos humorously proclaimed that he thought I was born in the wrong country. Wait till my mom hears that one. Mom, I love you and I’m glad to be Canadian. =)

Well I’m off to the library and then to dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what channel are Mexican telenovelas on? The closest I've seen one is on Ugly Betty! Don't worry, misdirections at birth have been known to happen. My sister thinks she should have been born in Australia and looked truthfully unhappy with her surroundings as a baby; my parents had a past life in Spain, hence our spanish style house and I was re-routed from being born Hawaiian :-)I guess we'll make due with what we've been given. lol
Great blog!
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Nicole, you to let us know where these gorgeous photos are from.