Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Square Dancing

I found a place to stay. I ended up staying with the chief another night. =) We had a great night!! We drove around for a poker rally and WOW!!! What a great time! I didn't win anything but it was entertaining to go from house to house. At one stop, a tent, we ate white fish right off the fire... some of it was raw, which was different for me. I liked the cooked stuff better. We ate just about a whole fish!!! And bannock, I love coming north to make bannock even though I can make it at home.

After we went back to the band hall for a dance and talent show. I square danced!!! I had such a wonderful time. Then these young girls decided that I was the coolest thing and wouldn't let go of me for the rest of the night. Weird. Still they were entertaining. For talent we heard from Johnny Cash, a Mexican, and Tina Turner. =) WOW! Everyone got right into the event. We were even voluntold to jig - it was a competition. I had no idea how to jig, but I hear I did okay. Today a number of people thanked me for participating in the dance and said I did good... looking around I can see why I was a bit of a spectacle, I was one of two non-native-out-of-towners in attendance. If I lived up here I think I would want to get involved in the entertainment. There's another dance tonight, but I'll be on a flight home. Would have been on one already, but I missed it. Oops.

Now to convince the client that our next meeting needs to be up here during carnival!! =)

No comments: