Sunday, March 18, 2007

Webpages & Sign Language

Well, I finished my webpage and it is ugly, but it was a great experience. I've wanted to create one for a while... but now that I have a blog, a webpage doesn't seem as enticing. Anyways, the point was to learn website stuff for work. Hopefully the pages I make for work will be better. It's a bit time consuming to create a nice one though. I think I might have to get a good night's sleep so I'm not crabby when I make the website. I want it to be pretty and crabbiness is seemily a damper on my creativity.

On a brighter note I had the pleasure of visiting my family this weekend and my neice taught me how to sign the alphabet. Wow!! I can still remember if today. One of the girls in her class is deaf so the students are learning to sign to communicate. I think it is fabulous. Hopefully next time she can teach me some signs for phrases. I remember some of my friends teaching their kids to sign before they could talk so they could communicate. I think it is fabulous!

=) TTFN

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Hey Nicole! Congrats on getting your blog started. I have seen signing with pre-verbal children in action and it is totally cool. I absolutely meant to do it with Jade, but I was never consistent in remember to sign when I was talking... D'oh!